Supportive documentation required-
- Birth Certificates (extracts are no longer accepted). If you do not have a Birth Certificate and you are an Australian citizen you can log onto Births Deaths and Marriages to apply for one. (Original documents must always be sighted by Celebrant).
- Passport (especially for overseas folk); however Australian passports are accepted especially where new residents, citizens are concerned
- Drivers Licence (further evidence of who you are)
- Divorce papers/Death Certificate re previous marriage
(Originals need to be sighted).
- Statutory Declarations (if applicable)
- Consents by Court (if applicable)
- Shortening Length of Time – there is a criteria that must be met before application is approved http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/marriages/notice+shortening+application+form
- Notice of Intention to Marry and any other legal documents that need to be formally witnessed are to be witnessed by any of the following – An Authorized Celebrant, A Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, a Justice of the Peace, a barrister or solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, or a member of the Australian Federal Police or the police force of a State or Territory.