Supportive documentation required-

  • Birth Certificates (extracts are no longer accepted).  If you do not have a Birth Certificate and you are an Australian citizen you can log onto Births Deaths and Marriages to apply for one.  (Original documents must always be sighted by Celebrant).
  • Passport (especially for overseas folk); however Australian passports are accepted especially where new residents, citizens are concerned
  • Drivers Licence (further evidence of who you are)
  • Divorce papers/Death Certificate re previous marriage
    (Originals need to be sighted).
  • Statutory Declarations (if applicable)
  • Consents by Court  (if applicable)
  • Shortening Length of Time – there is a criteria that must be met before application is approved  http://www.bdm.vic.gov.au/home/marriages/notice+shortening+application+form
  • Notice of Intention to Marry and any other legal documents that need to be formally witnessed are to be witnessed by any of the following – An Authorized Celebrant, A Commissioner for Declarations under the Statutory Declarations Act 1959, a Justice of the Peace, a barrister or solicitor, a legally qualified medical practitioner, or a member of the Australian Federal Police or the police force of a State or Territory.

Adore Celebrancy

Jo-Anne Jolley,
Mobile: 0419 508 517

Weddings, Vow renewals, Naming Days, Funerals, Memorial Services, Life Celebrations

Videos, Slideshows and Podcasts by Cincopa Wordpress Plugin